What’s Google My Business and why should you pay attention to it?
Networking and referrals are Awesomesauce. But. Let’s really think about the customer journey – shall we?
What happens when someone introduces us to a potential customer? What’s the first thing they’re going to do?
If the voice in your head said. . .
They’re gonna Google me! Yikes! 🤦🏾♀️
You’re absolutely right!
Then the question becomes what will they see!
Will there be great reviews, content, links to your website??
WHAT. WILL. THEY. SEE !!!???
Google My Business is a free service from the alphabet folks that’ll give you a Google map listing, show your services, reviews, hours of operation and contact info before people ever see your website.
Here’s the thing: Search Engine Optimization controls what shows up on that left-hand side of the screen, but if you haven’t claimed a profile, you’re missing out on the opportunity to be at the tip-top of that entire right-hand side 🤩🤩
Own Your Spaceand really get improved presence because local people are going to see your results faster with just a few minutes of work!
Google My Business How-to
- Log in to the Google Account you want to be associated with your business (or create a Google Account if you don’t already have one).
- Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- Enter your business name.
- Enter your business address.
🛑 If you go to your customers’ locations, rather than having them come to you, check the box “I deliver goods and services to my customers.”
🛑 If you work out of your house or another address you don’t want publicly shown, Check “Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region.”
🛑 Finally, select your Delivery area.
- Choose your business category. Try to choose the most accurate category possible — you’re essentially telling Google which type of customers should see your business listing.
- Add your business phone number or website.
- Choose a verification option. If you’re not ready to verify your business yet, click “Try a different method” → “Later.”
- NOW. There are five ways to verify your account, but it’s the last step and it’s worth it!
Hubspot has a great write up on signing up. Read more on the Hubspot blog: